for up to 40 days (292% per annum, variable)
Linking SafetyNet Credit to your bank account
SafetyNet Credit’s service requires us to have read only access to your internet banking. You need to disclose your online banking log-in details to be considered for a facility. If you are given a facility we review your balance and transactions on a daily basis and monitor any changes in your financial status.
Which account should I use?
- SafetyNet Credit works by linking to your current account. This should be the account that your income gets paid into
- This will be the same account that receives any credit we provide to help protect you from unauthorised overdraft charges
Why do you need to link to my current account?
To help you avoid going into your unauthorised overdraft
- If you’re approved for SafetyNet Credit facility, switch Automatic deposits ‘on’ from your dashboard
- When Automatic deposits are switched ‘on’, SafetyNet Credit can top up your account just as you are about to go into your unauthorised overdraft
...and to ensure we only lend what you need
- We run automated checks to ensure accuracy when assessing how much money we can make available to you.
- We carry out a full affordability assessment on your bank account transactions to determine if we should lend to you and if we should then how much
How do you link to my current account?
- SafetyNet Credit links to your current account via your internet banking log-in details
- This is completely safe and uses bank-level security
- We can see your account transactions but we cannot operate or control your account
- For more information, please visit our security page